Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Advice from a 1949 Singer Sewing Manual

My friend, Laura sent this to me today and I just had to share it.
My arts and crafts summer would be seriously compromised if I followed this advice. I am so happy to be a woman in 2012! Next week I will share another tutorial that I'm cooking up. In the mean time, I am getting ready for a  jewelry class at my house on Sunday. Kim O'Neill from Rock Out Jewelry is coming to teach a fabulous etched metal bracelet. Check out her website here or look her up on Face Book. My friend,Vicki, is on her way over to help decorate! I can hardly wait!


2 comments:

  1. HaHaHa! That is hysterical.... but only for us in 2012! I suppose they took this very seriously back then. I remember as a child in the 60's all the women in the neighborhood wore dresses every day. And we were required to wear dresses to school too. I am learning to be thankful right here and now! Thanks for the laugh Lisa!

    ReplyDelete